Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Disney World 2009
















Well, I hardly know where to begin on this awesome trip my family took to Disney World at the end of May. We had 10 wonderful days of excitement and adventure. We visited all 4 parks: Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom, Epcot, and Hollywood Studios. They were all so amazing, we had to visit each of them 2 times!

We arrived and hit the ground running. We couldn't wait to start our journey at each park. Magic Kingdom was first. WOW... I went when I was a child, but I guess since I have a child now it meant so much more to me just to see his face light up everytime we saw something, no matter how big or small. Magic Kingdom was so much fun to walk through that we didn't finish in one day. The night we were there, they had the light up parade and fireworks over the kingdom. I had chill bumps during the whole thing!

We visited Animal Kingdom and had a blast. We went on a safari which was incredible. We were in a typical safari truck with lots of seats but were right by the animals, literally! They had a day parade and Trent thought he could be apart of it. I don't know if it's his red hair or his out-going personality, but everyone was just drawn to him. Of course I ate it up!!! There was a band playing and Trent naturally loves to dance. He got right out in the middle of the crowd and started doing his thing. Next thing I know is everyone is cheering him on and he is lovin it!

Epcot was so much fun. We rode in the Epcot Ball (which everyone has to do!) and got to see our pictures afterwards. That was a fun thing to do with my family as I remember doing it as a child with my parents. They had a ride, Soaring, which we rode several times. It made you think you were parasailing through different sceneries and seasons of the year. As you passed through the season, the smell of what time of the year it was filled the air! Amazing! We also loved the ride, Test Track. Fast and fun is how Trent described it! There were many characters at each park, especially Epcot, so we had to make our visits with them everytime we saw one!

Hollywood Studios was by far my fav. We walked in to them performing High School Musical 3 and wow what a fun thing to watch. Trent had a blast watching that! His 2 favorite things at the park were the Indiana Jones show and the Star Wars show/ride. He even got a light saber from the Star Wars shop. (we're not really into all that stuff, it was just cool!) They had a light/laser/firework show at night and due to the rain thought it was going to be cancelled, but at the last minute all came together and we were able to stay and watch. It's amazing how they make all the productions go as smoothly as they do. They were truly unbelievable.

We celebrated Russell's 32nd birthday while we were there. I definitely recommend the 50s Prime Time Cafe at Hollywood Studios. The hostesses are a hoot and the place is typical 50s style. Great food, I might add as well! (esp the milkshakes)

It rained on us everyday, but it didn't slow us down. We did have to make a couple runs to Walmart for ponchos cause we kept ripping all of ours, but we didn't let it bother us!

Our hotel, Pop Century Resort, was so amazing. We were in the 60s part of the resort. It went from the 50s to the 90s. Each part had it's own pool and services within. The lobby was huge and wow what a gift shop they had! I definitely recommend staying there!

As you can tell, we had an amazing time at Disney World. Neither Russell, Trent or myself wanted to come home. I think we already are planning our trip back there!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment